. With this e-book you will be introduced to common and
and get a nice Collection of ASP.NET Interview Questions & Answers.
Overview of important ASP.NET Interview Questions:
1. How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
2. Which two properties are on every validation control?
3. What Is The Difference Between ViewState and SessionState
4. What is CTS and CLS
5. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the Data Source, to display data in the combo box?
6. In .NET Compact Framework, can I free memory explicitly without waiting for garbage collector
to free the memory?
7. What is "Common Type System" (CTS)
8. What is the difference between C#.NET and VB.NET
9. How do you create a permanent cookie?
10. Why is catch(Exception) almost always a bad idea?
11. What tags do you need to add within the asp datagrid tags to bind columns manually?
13. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
14. How does VB.NET/C# achieve polymorphism?
15. Can a .NET web application consume Java web service?
16. What are value types and reference types?
17. Which control cannot be placed in MDI?
18. Can we run DOT.NET in UNIX platform?
19. What are the Types of Assemblies?
20. What is .NET / .NET Framework
21. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
22. What is the difference between thread and process
23. How to get the column count of a report?
24. What is cyclomatic complexity and why is it important?
25. What is the Scope of public/private/friend/protected/protected friend
26. What is Machine.config?
27. What is the difference between "using System. Data;" and directly adding the reference from "Add References Dialog Box"?
28. How to clear a datagrid on a button click?
29. With respect to security, which one is the better choice? .Net or J2EE? Explain?
30. How can I read .doc document in ASP.Net?
31. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur server-side or client-side? Why?
32. Briefly explain how the server control validation controls work?
33. How does the Xml Serializer work? What ACL permissions does a process using it require?
34. How would ASP and ASP.NET apps run at the same time on the same server?
35. What exactly is being serialized when you perform serialization?
36. What is a Manifest?
37. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in the application_Start and Session_Start subroutines?
38. Briefly explain how server form post-back works ?
39. What is the purpose of DOTNET?
40. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service SOAP?
41. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example of when you might use it?
42. What is strong-typing versus weak-typing? Which is preferred? Why?
43. What’s wrong with a line like this? DateTime.Parse (myString).
44. What is CLR?
45. Explain Dataset Accept Changes and Data Adapter Update methods?
46. Differences between Datagrid, Datalist and Repeater
47. How to use ActiveX Control in .Net?
48. How different are interface and abstract class
49. Briefly explain what user controls are and what server controls are and the differences between the two.
50. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a Repeater control?
51. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your generated dataset with data?
52. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a developer is it important to understand these events?
53. What is assembly?
54. What are the differences between ASP and ASP .Net
55. What are Assemblies?
56. What is serialization, how it works in .NET?
57. Explain how ViewState is being formed and how it is stored on client.
58. What is the root class in .Net?
59. Which property of the textbox cannot be changed at runtime?
60. With respect to security, which one is the better choice? Net or J2EE? Explain.
61. What is Delegation?
62. What is Reflection?
63. How is a property designated as read-only?
64. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a developer is it important to understand these events?
65. Describe session handling in a web farm, how does it work and what are the limits?
66. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component?
Not Run on the Asp.Net?
68. How does output caching work in ASP.NET?
69. What are the authentication methods in .NET?
70. What is the difference between proc. sent BY value and By Reference?
71. How to Creating a Key Pair?
72. Can implement same method name in both base class and derived class with different action?
73. .NET is Compile Time OR Runtime Environment?
74. What is an interface and what is an abstract class? Please, expand by examples of using both. Explain why.
75. What is an Interface
76. What is the difference between VB6 and VB.Net
77. What is ASP.NET Authentication Providers and IIS Security?
78. How many types of assemblies are there , what are they?
79. What are Attributes?
80. What is a Metadata?
81. What is managed code and managed data?
82. What is "Common Language Runtime" (CLR)
83. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component?
84. What does WSDL stand for
85. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater control?
86. What are the features of ADO.Net
87. What is an interface and what is an abstract class? Please, expand by examples of using both. Explain why?
88. What is "Common Language Specification" (CLS)
89. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
Tags: ASP.NET Interview .NET Framework Interview