This e-book is written by SQL experts and it contains most important and commonly asked SQL SERVER Interview Question Answers. This is a complete set of important
. Keep reading and
Overview of SQL SERVER Interview Question:
1) What is RDBMS?
2) What is normalization?
3) What are different normalization forms?
4) What is Stored Procedure?
5) What is Trigger?
6) What is View?
7) What is Index?
8) What is the difference between clustered and a non-clustered index?
9) What is cursors?
10) What is the use of DBCC commands?
11) What is a Linked Server?
12) What is Collation?
13) What are different types of Collation Sensitivity?
14) What's the difference between a primary key and a unique key?
15) How to implement one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many relationships while designing tables?
16) What is a NOLOCK?
17) What is difference between DELETE & TRUNCATE commands?
18) Difference between Function and Stored Procedure?
19) When is the use of UPDATE_STATISTICS command?
20) What types of Joins are possible with Sql Server?
25) What is the difference between a HAVING CLAUSE and a WHERE CLAUSE?
26) What are types of sub-queries?
27) What is SQL Profiler?
28) What is User Defined Functions?
29) What kind of User-Defined Functions can be created?
30) Which TCP/IP port does SQL Server run on? How can it be changed?
31) Where are SQL server users names and passwords are stored in sql server?
32) What is SQL server agent?
33) Can a stored procedure call itself or recursive stored procedure? How many levels SP nesting possible?
34) What is @@ERROR?
35) What is Raiseerror?
36) What is log shipping?
37) What is the difference between a local and a global variable?
38) What command do we use to rename a db?
40) What is sp_configure commands and set commands?
41) What are the different types of replication?
42) What are the OS services that the SQL Server installation adds?
43) What does it mean to have quoted identifier on? What are the implications of having it off?
44) What is the STUFF function and how does it differ from the REPLACE function?
45) Using query analyzer, name 3 ways to get an accurate count of the number of records in a table?
47) How to rebuild Master Database?
48) What are the basic functions for master, msdb, model, tempdb databases?
49) What are primary keys and foreign keys?
50) What is data integrity? Explain constraints?
51) What are the properties of the Relational tables?
52) What is De-normalization?
53) How to get @@error and @@rowcount at the same time?
54) What is Identity?
56) What is a Scheduled Jobs or What is a Scheduled Tasks?
57) What is a table called, if it does not have neither Cluster nor Non-cluster Index? What is it used for?
58) What is BCP? When does it used?
59) How do you load large data to the SQL server database?
60) Can we rewrite subqueries into simple select statements or with joins?
61) Can SQL Servers linked to other servers like Oracle?
62) How to know which index a table is using?
63) What is Self Join?
64) What is Cross Join?
65) Which virtual table does a trigger use?
66) What is DataWarehousing?
67) What is OLTP (OnLine Transaction Processing)?
68) How do SQL server 2000 and XML linked? Can XML be used to access data?
69) What is an execution plan? When would you use it? How would you view the execution plan?
Tags: SQL SERVER Interview Database Interview